I was sitting here, about to write a new blog, when bam! The power went out. You don’t fully realize how much we depend on this invention. The first thing that pops into your mind is ‘What to do now’? So I comprised this list of things you can do during a power outage. The list is much longer if the power goes out during the day. The first is the ‘daytime power outage list’. Hope you get some ideas!
1. Dive head first in a tub of ice-cream. That’s right, the power is off. You can’t let the ice cream go to waste.
2. Clean – It’s not like your house can’t use it.
3. Go for a Walk – burn calories before you put your butt on the couch in front of the television… again!
4. Take a nap
5. Go shopping in an area of town the power is on
6. Play a Board Game – FYI – this sucks if you live alone. And the cat just keeps batting the pieces under the couch.
7. Look for that flashlight you’ve been meaning to look for
8. Discover just how crappy those emergency candles are
9. Read – a great time to catch up on that book or magazine that you can never find the time to do. Chances are you may learn something new
10. BBQ – all the meat is thawing out anyway
During the night – it gets a little more challenging
1. Figure out how you’re going to re-arrange the furniture once the power comes back on, because you keep walking into the coffee table.
2. Go to bed – after all the crappy emergency candles are just little burning stubs and you never did find that flash light. On the bright side, you’ll get a great night’s sleep.